Thursday, March 8, 2012

The long awaited return to my thoughts;

I have had many failures and triumphs since my last words here. Full fat expectancy, hollow painful loss. I have made choices for my health, which found itself in danger, and am currently experiencing an awakening sans hormones or any medication aside from caffeine. These changes, along with the decision to eliminate toxic people and thoughts have truly gripped me. Long gone is the Jordan in fear of change, the girl who stayed within the cycle. Through a series of confrontations I have faced the monsters and bid them well on their exile from my life.

I find myself not completely alone, for my partner is at my side, our teeth bared. I hold threads of great friendships, unable to find the time to nurture them. Thus, I fail to comprehend or analyze the occurrences of my days with anyone other than myself…who merely puts events on a shelf. I must overcome this fear of trust, for not all friends wish to betray. There are those who inspire, those who accept, those who support.

Work, in both school and employment has been inevitable. A full semester of intellectual classes that truly challenge my system of thought. Middle Eastern Revolutions, Stage Lighting, Physical Movement, all cause unrest and frustration. I will however overcome. My midterms have passed with little to no issue, and I simply await instruction for the latter half of the semester. I look forward to my 10 day break from structured classes, gladly welcoming the ability to read a novel of my choice, re-arrange my home, and enjoy the choice to sleep endlessly.

I have had many projects in the works, my brain reeling with ideas and the need to manifest them physically. I series of collaborations must happen or I will go insane! I am curating a collection of vintage to once again list online. This has been a goal for close to a year and is finally in grasp. Gogi, the ever diligent partner will be selling motorcycle ephemera alongside my fabrics. I will update as the process continues.

As for recent creative outlets, I was able to work with my dear friends the designers of Ax + Apple jewelry for an editorial showcasing their newest line of magic. We allowed for full collaboration, leading to mixed mediums of both powder and ash, pyrite, white cotton, and black silks. I am so pleased with the results, thus:




1 comment: